Periodontics & Dental Implants Specialist, Dr. Veisman, serving the Greater Toronto Area
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
Our structured referral plan defines, in advance, the working relationship between your dentists and us. It ensures you have treatment options that make the best of your situation and excellent continuity of care.
We put as much emphasis on your comfort as we do on your dental care. Our PerioAsleep™ program allows you to sleep through your treatment.